The Best Dust Collection Manufacturer OEMs Can Work With
With Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Sly knows that we’re usually just a piece of an overall solution. Although, perhaps the most important one! With our almost 150 years of experience, we work to make dust collection one aspect of the system you don’t need to worry about. We’re experts in designing reliable dust collection solutions, so you can feel confident that it simply works.
Whether you need a design for collecting particulates from thermal processes (dryers, kilns, furnaces, etc.), size reduction (crushing, grinding, milling, and classifying), or for handling the dust clouds from material handling, Sly will customize a baghouse dust collector or a wet scrubber system perfect for you. Whatever you need, Sly will be your ultimate partner to pick the right solution, and make it easy through the entire project: from select, to budget, to design, to build, to install, to operate.
Expertise You Need – Service You Deserve
Because you work hand-in-hand with our system engineers and designers, you can rely on Sly’s expertise to provide the right system design, specs, and detailed engineering drawings. We know that your solution has unique needs, so we work with you to customize our design to your specifications. We ask the questions that you don’t know to ask to anticipate pitfalls before they become a problem, including these examples:
- Wet Scrubber or Dust Collector: Sly offers several technologies and our experts work with you to determine the best solutions. We offer four types of wet scrubber technologies for particulate collection and gas adsorption. We offer traditional baghouses, cartridge collectors in both vertical and horizontal mount styles, and pleated bag options.
- Dust Collection Equipment Environment: Indoors size restraints? Outdoors environmental conditions? Seismic or hurricane designs for supports? We design for all conditions.
- Process Conditions: Temperature and humidity are major factors that may affect the selection of wet scrubber vs. dry baghouse. If dry, filter media and baghouse construction materials must be designed for the application. Loading, bulk density and particle size affect the optimal geometry of the unit and the suitable air-to-cloth ratio to pick.
- Explosive Dust: Is your dust combustible? You might be surprised to know that most OEMs don’t have the same understanding as we do, as dust collection experts, for just how common an issue this is. Sly has excellent relationships with all the major dust explosion protection vendors. We can recommend where to get testing, and we understand the requirements for explosion protection designs.
- Managing Interstitial Velocity: So many systems fail because of faulty system specs for fine dust particle size, and light bulk density. During the proposal phase, this area, perhaps more than most, is one where Sly helps ensure our offer will perform to the actual realities of your application.
- Safety Rules and Regulations: In any system, safety rules and requirements are paramount to company success. Organizations like the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) and Occupational Health and Safety Association (OSHA) issue standards and guidelines for manufacturing equipment to ensure maximum workplace safety. Sly keeps in front of changes in all the necessary certifications and in how to design dust collector solutions that are OSHA and NFPA compliant.
- Overseas Shipping: If you are shipping equipment overseas, we have knockdown capabilities and can package equipment for long-distance shipping.
Because we understand the system so well and know what questions to ask, we’re able to quote your design accurately in the beginning to avoid having to make price adjustments later. Questions asked up front prevent costly cost overruns and surprises to you as an OEM later.
Your Trusted Advisor in Dust Collector and Wet Scrubber Manufacturing
Our service to you doesn’t stop after handing off the quote. We answer questions and provide detailed engineering drawings with the immediacy and care to keep your project moving. We offer responsive, personal, hassle-free customer service. No other company provides a better customer service experience. From quoting to design to fabrication to post-sale support, Sly prides itself on being your trusted partner.